RENK AG’s beginnings go back to 1873, when Johann Julius Renk founded a small machining workshop for the mechanical production of gear wheels in Augsburg’s Lechviertel. In 1879, the young company moved to the Göggingen neighborhood, where RENK’s headquarters are still located today. The company was converted into a joint-stock company in 1897, and RENK has been part of what is now the MAN Group since 1923.
RENK became part of the Volkswagen Group when Volkswagen AG acquired a majority stake in MAN SE in 2011. Today, RENK has a global outlook as a leading supplier of high-quality drive technology for a wide range of applications. The company’s branches in Augsburg, Rheine, and Hanover are its major production locations.